Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June!!


Dear Family,


Its a pretty crazy day today since its Wednesday and its preparation day. It was supposed to be yesterday but we had interviews with President Smith. Interviews were great. I had a temple recommend interview since my expires this month. It was neat to see how much more the Gospel means to me now that I've been on the mission.

Sounds like life is crazy for all you all. Riley is quite the superstar. He's probably going to be taller than me by the time I get home, haha. Getting Jacquie's graduation announcement threw me for a loop, I can't believe that the little freshie is about to graduate.

Marissa, it is a super small world because last night I was on exchanges with the assistants to the President. They got a call from none other than Jon Hart, and I talked to him for a little while and he said that he met you. Small world. Your job sounds great too, maybe they'll convert you to be an engineer. muahaha.

We are so blessed to have the Gospel in our lives. I love the chance that I have to be a missionary. Yesterday was sweet. We had a box of thirty old VHS church movies sitting around in the apartment. So we went down to a super hispanic area of Dallas to a school. Right at three when all the parents walk to get their children we stood on the street corner and handed out all the videos. We would have to talk spanish real fast and explain what we were doing but it was a blast. We will have more exciting activities in the near future. This Saturday we are going to play indoor soccer with investigators and members to get pumped for the World Cup. Several members have told me they already have work off for the Mexico-South Africa opener. Its funny.

Elder Dytrt is great. He makes me laugh and I drive him crazy I'm sure. His trainer came out to Dallas and took us to dinner which was pretty crazy.

So one of the biggest spiritual highlights of this week was a lesson we had with a couple from Brazil. They speak Portuguese and a little Spanish, but are here studying English at a community college. We taught the 'cup lesson' which explains the Church Christ established and the apostasy and restoration. They are in their late 50s or early 60s and already served a mission in Mozambique in Africa (Portuguese speaking). They both joined the church in Brazil as teens. They told us how Pres. Kimball came in '78 when there was barely a stake in Brazil. Now there are over 200 stakes, multiple temples and a million members. I asked them why they are here studying English. They said that they are learning English so that they can serve more missions in Africa in other parts where English is a necessity. Modern day pioneers. It was cool.

I love ya'll.

love,
Elder Wagner

Ps. thanks for being awesome missionaries mom and jacquie.

No comments: