Monday, June 7, 2010

Crazy Week!

Dear Family,

So life is slightly back to normal, considering we are having preparation day today. However last week got even crazier on Thursday. At leadership and accountability meeting our zone leaders were talking to President Smith and the assistants and President Smith made the decision to switch our area. So now we are doing English work in the Dallas 6th ward. The sister had previously been covering both the 6th ward and the north part of the Spanish branch. The change was quick and very unsuspected.

Pretty much this counts as getting doubled into the area (which is the 5th time on the mission!). Its stressful but I've felt the spirit confirm that it is where we need to be. Yesterday at church we met the ward and everyone. It was a great testimony meeting. We already knew some of the members since we lived in their ward boundaries but there are still a lot we don't know.

I'm glad to hear that Heather's baby is doing better. I loved the pictures of graduations. Riley and Andrea are like giants now!! They probably will both be taller than me at this rate. Have a fun week at Newport.

Saturday we played soccer with some members and investigators. It was indoor and really fun. We played in white shirts and ties which probably looked hilarious. It was somewhat of a final hurrah for Elder Dytrt and I in the spanish branch. Not speaking spanish is lame, but the ward support and area are great. I know its what the Lord wanted for us and for the ward.

There are 4 more weeks in this transfer (July 4 is the last sunday of the transfer). We'll see what happens now that we are doing English work. Hopefully we can leave this are better than we found it.

This email feels really scattered and not organized but hopefully you get it. More than anything I feel grateful for the guidance of the Holy Ghost in our lives. If we seek the will of the Lord humbly, he will make it know to us. The testimony I have of the principles of the restored gospel has not come all at once, through some grand event, but line upon line and precept on precept. The quiet confirmations of the Spirit teach me what I need to do and quicken my understanding. If one doesn't remember their covenants and rebels against God in any form, the Spirit departs and before we realized it we are left on our own, without God. I know these things for myself. I love you all. God Bless

Love
Elder Wagner

No comments: