Dear Family,
'El Solazo' doesn't have a good literal translation that I'm aware of, but basically it entails the beating rays of sunlight and heat. 'Sol' is sun and the suffix 'azo' means to be hit or slapped with.
Random Spanish lesson of the day and a good description of the weather here. I'm not complaining, just saying how it is!
That is exciting that Marissa and Jacquie are in Provo-land and all settled in. Congratulations Riley and Andrea on swimming excellence! I hope you keep swimming hard and practicing hard. If you practice with good technique (esp. on turns and streamlines of walls) you'll race very well and beat everyone!! Winning isn't everything but it is fun!!
Crazy news!! A sister missionary in our district had to go home today because of stress fractures in her feet. She will rest and get better and come back out for the last 7 months of her mission. Its pretty crazy.
So Ethan's baptism got postponed a week because he had his wisdom teeth out on Saturday and it made him really sick. He's doing well and it will be this Saturday.
I completely forgot that Father's Day was yesterday until yesterday! I feel bad for not sending Dad anything but I hope he knows I love him and am grateful for his example.
Today one year ago is when I left Nacogdoches so yesterday I called the Ortigoza family to see how they are doing. They want to go to the temple and get sealed but they haven't done temple prep classes yet. They just switched the Branch Presidency and because of that, a teacher hasn't been called. It'd be cutting it really close, but they could still finish the classes and get sealed before I leave Texas. It would be really neat. It was so awesome to talk to them and hear how they've been. It made me feel so grateful for having come on a mission. It's an experience that has no comparison. I know that I've been an instrument in God's hands to further His work. The Gospel means so much to me now. I shudder to think that the mission will end, but I will work to the wall.
I love you all and pray for you all.
Love,
Elder Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment