Monday, May 3, 2010

New Area, New Comp

Dear Family,

So I'm in a new area. Its pretty fun and kind of big for us to be on bikes, but its cool. My companion, Elder Dytrt, is from Mesa, Arizona. He's been out on the mission for 6 weeks less than me. So we are in the Sunbeck Branch. Its a cool branch and the work seems to be going well here and we were able to teach a lot.

One cool experience was teaching a referral from some english elders. Turns out that this lady's brother and family lives in Garland and I even ate at their house one time. It was a 'small world' moment. She already loves the church's emphasis on the family and she is very open. As we taught she understood the need for the 12 apostles and the apostasy very well and had lots of questions. It was a neat lesson and I'm excited to teach her and her sons (she just got divorced.. .like a month ago) I don't think its coincidence that we are teaching her right now.

My new address is
4015 Vitruvian Way #302
Addison, TX 75001

Our area covers part of 5 different cities, Dallas, Carrollton, Addison, Farmers Branch and Irving. Its pretty crazy. Lots of hispanics and a lot of work.

I realized this last week how much I love spanish and working with the hispanic people. Their culture is different in good ways and bad ways but its really rewarding to be able to serve them. I feel like spanish will be something I'll keep and use the rest of my life. I can't speak english as well now and I probably sound like a Texan but its fun.

I'm excited to talk to all ya'll next Sunday. We should be calling around 5pm texas time or about 3pm california time. We don't have firm plans but we're going to shoot for that time.

We have Zone conference this week which is always fun.

Well, have a great week

Love
Elder Wagner

No comments: