Monday, May 17, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby

Dear Family,

I'm doing good here. I'm feeling better recently. We had a good week. We had stake conference here too!!!

I've got a couple of cool stories but before I forget, I'd really like to go to the temple that week that I get back with the whole family and do baptisms for the dead. We could go Friday or Saturday, whenever, but I'd really like to go to the temple with the whole family.

Here is a funny story. So in Farmers Branch (a city in the area) there is a high school called RL Turner High. Turns out that the one hit wonder pop artist 'vanilla ice' went to high school there. We heard it from the Sisters here, who heard it from someone else. So yesterday we were like a block from the High School and we talk to this guy. Turns out he's lived there for 40+ years. He went to that high school so I asked him if he knew 'vanilla ice'. He said that he knew him and that he would race him in his 68 camaro in high school. He said 'vanilla's' real name is Robert. We gave the guy a 'libro de mormon' since he speaks english and spanish. Ice, ice baby.

I went on Exchanges with Elder Gunnell in the english wards last week. We taught the dad of an awesome family. The mom and teenagers are members, and the dad got baptized saturday. Like 100 people went, including the stake presidency in between conference sessions. It was very cool to see how much the members of the wards had fellowshipped the family back into activity. They were all less active and the teenage daughter started going to church because someone picked her up each week. Eventually her brothers got baptized and her mom came back. Now the whole family is strong and excited. It was a blessing just to see their excitement and feel the love of the ward for that family.

So this is the last week of the transfer. Elder Dytrt is convinced that he is leaving here and I'll get a new companion. We'll see. I love the gospel and the scriptures. I hope all goes well. Be examples of the believers!

Love,
Elder Wagner

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wonder where Elder Wagner will be next week! I am already anxious to hear!!