Monday, January 4, 2010

En sus marcas! Listos! Fuera!‏

Dear Family,

In other words, On you mark, get set, go!!!

You had asked me, Mom, a couple of weeks ago, but I had forgot to tell you after I asked a member. (I wanted to know this for the timed math test I give at school every day!!)

So this week is the second to last week of the transfer. I honestly don't know what is going to happen. Its been really cold here in Dallas. Last week it snowed, but didn't stick. And I'm not sure if I'm 5'9" or not, it was at the entrance of a Little Caesars. We'll just have to see when I get back if I'm taller than Dad.

So I found out something crazy. A member family that lives close to us was baptized by Alex Shafer. They are the Lopez Family (Gonzalo, Juan Carlos...). I asked who had baptized them and they said Elder Shafer, so asked what he was like. They said he had glasses and red hair and I said, I know him! It was cool. They kinda active, they come to church every once and a while but maybe if you could get Alex's info I could pass it on to them.

We had a slow week. Erica and the five kids were out of town all week so we couldn't teach them and they couldn't come to church. However, yesterday we had a good talk with the husband, Victor. We read part of the family proclamation. I showed him our family picture and talked about how much the gospel has blessed me and my family. He thought it was pretty cool that my dad had been a missionary as well. As we were explaining how the Gospel blesses our families I asked him what he considered to be the most important thing in his life. He said that raising his kids right and giving them what he didn't have was the most important to him. It was powerful. I'm really excited for them and the upcoming weeks.

I hope that all goes well in this year. Good luck in school and work. I hope that we can all progress and come closer to Christ this year.

Love,
Elder Wagner

No comments: