Monday, January 11, 2010

Below-Freezing!

Dear Family,

This last week we had near record lows here in Dallas. Very, very cold. No snow but the high on thursday and friday was like 28 degrees with 20-30 mph winds. And we went tracting. The crazy things you do on your mission.

I'm glad you had a fun weekend with the reception and everything. In spite of the frigid cold, we had a very uplifting and postive week. I'm glad to be done with the holidays and glad for the great things happening here. In the ward now there are three families that come to church who used to go to Casa Linda. They were active when I was there but two went inactive during the year. One moved to our side of the boundary and one lives in our area and used to go to Casa Linda anyways. Anyways, I'm glad to see all these families coming here, its a boost to the ward.

Yesterday I had a cool experience. You'll remember Rudy and Alma from when I was in Casa Linda with Elder Barney. They weren't legally married and when we left Rudy wanted to be baptized. Alma is a member, by the way. Anyways, they finally got married and coming back to church and yesterday Rudy got baptized!!! I got to go since it was so close. It was very special.

This is a very scatterbrained email but this awesome family we are teaching is getting close to baptism. The mom, Erica has been reading and praying to know is the church is true. Pray that Erica gets an answer soon! She has 7 kids!! 5 from her first marriage and 2 with her current husband. Just 6 of the kids live with her but 4 of them are over 8 year old. We've been teaching them for about a month but only about once a week b/c they are super busy (she works nights half the week and Victor (her husband) gets off very late). Anyways. Pray for them, the Ruiz family, that they'll know the church is true and have a desire to be baptized.

I'm scared for transfers but I've learned and grown a lot in the last three months here in Rowlett 3rd. We haven't had lots of success but I've learned a lot about the importance of diligence and obedience. The gospel is true.

Love
Elder Wagner

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I will add my prayers!!