Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Eve in Dallas...

Elder Wagner, Christmas Eve, (I seriously tried to edit the red eyes... no luck. This blue-eyed family is red-eye prone.)


Dear Family,

It was very good to talk to everyone!!! Riley and Andrea's voices sound a lot different and in all the pictures they are so big now. Don't worry, I haven't crashed the bike since we talked. Don't worry about clothes for me Mom. I don't think I sound like a mexican/texan but it'd make sense. Thanks for sending those pictures, it looked like a fun Christmas. The picture of Dad and Riley in the snow looked super fun, lots of snow!!!

For all who didn't get to talk to me on Christmas, Christmas Eve Dallas got hit by a snowstorm. About an inch stuck on the ground. It was windy, Icy and cold. As we rode our bikes, we slipt a lot and I fell pretty good once. Last monday, as we were heading to a dinner apointment in the bikes, I got hit by a car. I'm fine but it was a shocker! I think its just really funny (my mom doesn't). I was riding fairly rapidly on the sidewalk and as I crossed the alleyway a nice lady pulled out and hit me. I flew a little bit and landed onthe grass on my shoulder. She stopped and asked if I was alright. I was laughing and I made sure I wasn't bleeding and that no bones were sticking out. The bike and her car were find as well. It was quite the experience.

So we had a good weekend. The family I was telling you about from Bakersfield came to church on Sunday. He really liked it and said that the three hours flew by. His wife said it was long but that its just because she isn't used to it. Their three kids loved primary!!! It was a rewarding Sunday. The other family who came last week, they had a birthday party already planned so they bailed on church, but next week they'll be there for sure. Both families are really receptive. Miracles are happening here.

Honestly this area has been hard for me but I'm learning to trust more in God and less in me and my abilities. When we got here it was a dead area but things are happening and the Lord is blessing us. I'm very excited for the coming weeks.
At church there were a few talks about goals and how at the beginning of the year and throughout the year we should be setting, reviewing and adjusting our goals, individually and as families. While everyone is how you should sit down and set some family goals. Goals can be spiritual, physical, academic and fianicial (and spelling...). But anyways. Set goals. Specific and realistic goals and then make them a part of you. Read in Preach My Gospel chapter 8, there is a section about goal setting!!! Its great!!!

I'm excited for this year. I plan to learn and grow as much as I can in the time I have left as a full-time missionary. The gospel is true and the power of prayer is real. I love you.

Love,
Elder Wagner

P.S. tell Grandma Wagner to feel better! I wish I could have talked to them too.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Oh my glory Judy--hit by a car?? What next? Hopefully baptisms is all we will hear about from here on in. I bet it was a great Christmas just to hear from that great young man. We all miss him but are so grateful for the work that he is doing!! You should be proud--we are! And grateful, so grateful, for the example he is for our kids.