Dear Family,
Well conference was real good. I liked it a lot. To roughly quote one of our investigators, "It was really good, I didn't know anything that great existed." What a blessing the restored Gospel is to us in these perilous times. My testimony and resolve to share the gospel was strengthened tremendously. Its also sobering to think I only will watch one more conference as a full-time missionary. So after last conference I bought the audio cds and listened to them in the car every once and a while. That way you can keep learning and don't have to wait every six months to hear the prophets and apostles.
So yes I got my allegra-d and I loved the birthday package. Especially the galletas (cookies). Grandma and Grandpa Wagner also sent a nice tie, shirt, socks and candy! What a great family. Hopefully I get around to sending that stuff today...
It was good to hear from Jq. I can't believe she is going to be 16 this month. Growing up to fast. Oh, just kidding she'll be 17 i guess (wierd..) Well I'm excited for unit day!!! When I got put with my unit I thought I was going to hate it, but they turned out alright. We the people feels like it was forever ago. Anyways.
Better luck next week Riley. Just remember that winning is everything and if you aren't winning your losing. Oh wait. That came out wrong. Just try your best and stick with it even if your team is terrible.
Andrea, don't get sick and I really liked those cookies (wink, wink).
Well I had an interesting week, I was on exchanges on tuesday and friday doing english work. On friday I was in McKinney. Needless to say I felt uncomfortable the whole day, like I was a fish out of water. McKinney is like a giant country club and everyone lives in a mansion. Not my style. It like the small town feel. I guess I'm a true Bakersfield native. Speaking of Bakersfield, Buck Owens was born is Sherman and so a freeway here is called the Buck Owens freeway. Pretty Cool.
Okay. A spiritual experience now. Enough rambling. So on Tuesday I went with Elder Hart (who was my first zone leader and now I'm his zone leader) and we visited a less-active high priest here in Sherman. Turns out that this brother's wife of 25 years died of a brain tumor about 10 years ago. He stopped attending church about one or two years later. His 'reason' was that the gospel was perfect but the 'church' and its leadership wasn't. I guess his bishop or someone offended him some way. As I listened I felt prompted to ask him something. I explained what happened to Amanda and I asked what advice I could give to Levin. It was neat to see how as he talked through his experience he told us that he really hadn't stopped being angry at God for what had happened. He said that he wouldn't sleep for more that 3-4 hours for about 2 years. It was really hard on him. Listening to him, I don't remember the advice he gave me but I remember thinking that his eternal marriage wouldn't mean anything after this life unless he repents and lives up to his covenants. It was interesting and I hope Levin can turn to the Savior through this and not to money or other distractions.
Well. I love ya'll. The church is true. If we follow the counsel of our priesthood leaders we will be blessed. If we don't, God gives us no promise. We fall sometimes but we can always get back up and try again. I love the Gospel and I love my Savior.
Love,
Elder Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment