Dear family,
I'm doing good. This weekend Maria Monroy is getting baptized which is awesome. She is so excited. I don't know how much I've told yall about her but two of her kids got baptized in June and now she is getting baptized. She read the Book of Mormon in 5 weeks and then finished the triple combination in a total of 3 months. Very amazing lady.
We were hoping that Jenifer would get baptized this weekend as well but she hasn't been coming to church consistently so she isn't ready yet. Her husband is pretty opposed to her coming to church so if you could pray for his heart to be softened that would be awesome. Its hard that she can't get baptized this week because she needs it so much.
This other family we are teaching out in a little town called Gunter didn't come to church yesterday which was a bummer but they are really awesome. We taught the parents (maria y augustin robledo) the plan of salvation and they like it a lot. I asked where do you want to go and they answered 'the celestial kingdom' (in spanish of course). Hopefully we can get them to church next week.
The other day I was thinking about something you told me dad, that in austria you would go sometimes weeks without teaching someone. Its hard for me to imagine what that would be like. For example last week we taught 23 lessons to investigators and for 8 of those lessons a member was with us. I guess the hispanic people are a lot different and they are very humble and nice people. I feel blessed to work with them.
About my companion, Elder Facer. He is great. He has very good spanish and is fun. We get along great. He is a big angels fan though. Probably the worst thing about him :)
This week is the last week of the transfer!!! Next monday you'll find out if i'm staying in Sherman or if I'm going. Take care.
Love,
Elder Wagner

1 comment:
i'm sorry, but what a GOOD LOOKIN' kid (kevin of course)! i love reading these!
Post a Comment