Monday, October 26, 2009

Goodbye Sherman!

Elder Wagner, Elder Facer, Elder Heywood, Maria and her children, and Elder Mitchell


Dear Family,

Well Sherman has been great. It was fun to have a baptism my last weekend here. Maria Monroy got baptized on saturday and confirmed on sunday.

I'm getting transferred so the biblia is at the mission office still. I sent a package of a bunch of junk home today. It has a binder of all the letters I've gotten and some shirts i don't use. I was tired of dragging that stuff around. Oh my copies of jesus the christ and the missionary library are in there. I've read them and I mostly study from preach my gospel and the scriptures. It should get there in a week or so.

So I'm leaving and I'm being released as a zone leader. I'm going to be training a new missionary!!!! Which means we will be doubled into an area. There is a possibility that I'll be opening a new area since the mission is growing. Now there are going to be 190 missionaries compared to about 150 when I got here a year ago. I'm sad to leave Sherman. Its amazing how much you grow to love a place. The Lord really blessed me here with good companions and a great area. I learned a lot being a zone leader. I honestly lost focus while I was here and tried to be someone that wasn't me. Basically I'm grateful to get another greenie and to be out of a leadership position (too many meetings :) ). But really I'm excited.

We had a cool last week here in Sherman. The sisters who work here found a spanish family and we started teaching them last night. The are looking for a church and are ''golden.'' It makes me sad to leave but I'm excited to find more families!!! I'm so excited to see so many more miracles.

The Gospel is true. As we exercise faith in Christ, we are always blessed. I'm glad that the relief society was talking about missionary work in olive knolls. It was also cool to get dad's letter and to see the program with all the OK missionaries. So as a mission we are kicking it into high gear to finish this year. Last year the mission had the most baptisms in TDM history with like 680. This year's goal is 800. We have two months left and we need 142 to reach it. The monthly average this year have been around 60 so we have to have two crazy awesome months. We are all praying to reach it and need all the prayers we can get. This numbers are more than just numbers. They represent people and their salvation. The worth of every soul is great so we want as many as we can get!!!

So family, pray about what family you can friendship, introduce to the church and have the missionaries teach! There are families that only you can reach and they want the gospel but can't find it. We get what we think and pray about so think and pray about who among your friends needs to hear the gospel. They may or may not accept it but we must try or else their sins will fall upon our heads (scary thought, but true doctrine). I love you!

Love,

Elder Wagner

No comments: