Dear family,
We had a good week here in Sherman. We were able to find some pretty cool new people and a new lady came to church for the first time and loved it. So my new companion, Elder Facer is pretty good. He is excited because there are a lot more hispanics here than in his last area where he was doing bilingual work. We are working through all the former investigators (people who came to church a few times and didn't come back). By trying to find all these people we were led to some other potential investigators as well.
I can't imagine what Levin must be going through now, but its got to be hard. It was interesting because this Sunday at church, both the second and third hour classes were about eternal families. As I listened to the lesson I really thought about them a lot and how blessed we are for the Gospel. Throughout the week I honestly didn't think about it too much just because we are so busy but I sure hope we all can come away from such a tragedy with a stronger resolution to live the gospel and do our best.
The Gospel is great. I'm so excited for General Conference. We're hoping to get tons of people to church and to members home to watch it. Its a great opportunity to invite a friend over for several reasons. One, its at your house, they don't have to worry about feeling uncomfortable or dressing up. Two, they will feel the spirit that modern prophets and apostles bring. You could ask someone, "If there was a man on earth today who had the same power and authority that Peter and Paul had, would you want to hear what they had to say?" Try and think of a friend or even a less-active to invite over to watch conference with the family. It would be awesome.
I'm glad to be a full-time missionary. The spirit teaches me so much and I learn so much about the gospel and life.
Love,
Elder Wagner
PS. I need Allegra-d ... thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment