Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm Staying in Sherman!

Dear Family,

Its been a crazy week!

So I'm staying in Sherman, but Elder Heywood is leaving to train a new missionary and be a district leader. I decided to let him cut my hair to be as short as his since he's leaving.

The reason I'm writing so late is because this morning we went into Dallas, along with most of the mission and also the Fort Worth Mission to a Monday morning devotional. There we listened to Elder Claudio Costa of the presidency of the seventy (he also leads the southwest region) and Elder M. Russell Ballard of the quorum of the twelve apostles. It was amazing. I was in the sixth or seventh row of the chapel for the two hour devotional. Their wives also spoke. I loved it. Elder Ballard really is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. He gave us many great counsels and even did a question and answer session. I didn't ask a question but many of the questions asked were questions I've had before about how to help investigators progress and how to boldly commit people to baptism. He mentioned a lot how we have to tell people that its true or its not. Either we, as missionaries, are messengers of God or we aren't. If we are, the priesthood and gospel have been restored through Joseph Smith and all must be baptized by that authority to enter into the kingdom of God. It was great!!! I loved it.

At that meeting I saw almost all of my companions. I sat next to Elder Barney, who goes home this week (I meet his parents tomorrow). Elder Haslam was there as well, he is in Casa Linda which is cool. They baptized a bunch of Juana Reyes family last month!!! I also saw Elder Richins for the first time since February, which was cool. And Elder Heywood was there of course. It was neat to see all the great friends I've made. They are more like brothers to me. Its great. I also saw a friend from my floor at BYU!! His name is Morgan Strong but he is in the fort worth mission and he was there!!! Fun stuff.

This weekend was stake conference in Mckinney. Our stake president, President Packard, asked us to be at the Saturday sessions. There was a ward mission leader and ward missionary meeting on Elder Perry's training on Ward missions. Also we went to stake priesthood leadership which was great. During the evening adult session, in the middle of his talk and without warning, President Packard asked us, the zone leaders, to bear our testimonies. It was nerve racking but neat. He is a great leader and speaker. I hope I can be like him some day. The stake leadership is great. We are trying our best to help them as the full time missionaries.

So I'm glad I'm here. Strange to think I'm twenty. I only have eleven months left to be a fulltime missionary. I love Sherman and love this work. Miracles happen all the time. The Gospel is simple, when we follow it we are happy and have the guidance of the spirit. If we don't we can't recieve those blessings. I love yall and hope the best for you.

Love,
Elder Wagner

P.S. I forgot to tell you but I fixed my camera a month ago!!! I fixed it on a monday after I emailed you all so I forgot to tell you!!! The cookies were delicious!!! I can't believe how differnet andrea and riley look!!! So I'll be mailing the camera back, with a video to ya'll . it will kinda be like talking to me!! hhaha

P.S.S. Marissa, Elder Barney has his homecoming this Sunday, the 20th in Herriman, Utah. Its like twenty/thirty minutes from provo. you should go. here is the info Sunday @ 11:00 am 13768 Rose Canyon Rd. Herriman UT 84096It'll be kinda wierd but just tell him that you're my sister. He said he'd take you on a date. loll. If you go send me a picture.

3 comments:

threetoadsandaprincess said...

Ha Ha! Marissa should go for it! I can just see it now. "Hi I'm Marissa Wagner, I'm your date for your homecomming open house!" Look out girl, you'd better find a boyfriend or fiance before Kevin gets home because he is gonna keep you busy!

Cathy said...

How fun to share Kevin's mission like this!! He is so awesome! Go Marissa!!!

Mamawags said...

go marissa go.... take funny pics!!