Monday, September 7, 2009

Almost 20!

Here is me, Brother Rodriguez, Odilon Ortiz and Elder Heywood.

Dear Family,


Another week has already gone by. Its crazy how fast time is going. We had an exciting week with Odilon's baptism on Saturday. He was baptized by Brother Rodriguez, the spanish group leader and a high councilor. It was really good. Raul said the opening prayer at the baptismal service which was cool.

The spanish group keeps growing slowly and surely here. Brother Rodriguez is getting excited and him and his wife are working to try and reactivate a few members so we can have a branch soon. I don't think I've told you much about the Rodriguez's but they are the lifeblood of the group. They have 4 kids. Two of the boys are seniors in high school and are preparing to go on missions. The older one, Melvin, came up and asked when he could go teaching with us. All the kids are very involved in church and love the gospel. Brother Rodriguez was telling us that for family home evening they practice teaching the missionary lessons in Preach My Gospel. Pretty sweet family.

So to start a spanish branch they need a few more priesthood holders, but it'll happen pretty soon. We've been struggling to find new people to teach, Sherman is pretty small so you run out of places to look for people, but we should be able to find some families this week.

We set a baptismal date last week with Jennifer Lopez, whose brother got baptized in June. She loves the lessons we taught her and is already sharing the Gospel with everyone she knows. We haven't starting teaching her husband, but hopefully he comes to the movie night we are doing on Friday at the church where we are showing the testaments. They have two kids, a four year old daughter and a two year old son. The daughter is hilarious. She speaks mostly english and is crazy. She calls us 'Elders' and almost remembers Elder Wagner. Its fun.

Well lots of amazing things are happening. Next Monday all the missionaries here and all the fort worth missionaries are having a devotional where Elder Ballard of the quorum of the twelve is going to talk to us. It should be awesome.

Next week when I write I'll be twenty. I feel old. Its weird but just think how old mom and dad feel now!!! haha.

Challenge: Bring a friend(who isn't a member) to church. I want to hear who does it first and they'll get a secret prize.

Love,
Elder Wagner



P.S. Its cooling down here. 80s. Its nice.

P.S. By the way, transfers are next tuesday so next week we'll find out whats going to happen.

P.S. to the Jensens. I had a meeting with President Packard and I mention that the Jensen's are my family. He said that he served in the stake missionary something with Russ. I told him that Russ was a stake president now too. He says hi!

No comments: