Dear family,
How grateful I am for a loving Heavenly Father that has restored his gospel on this earth. What a blessing the restored knowledge is about God's plan for us and what happens after death. The sealing power was restored to the earth less that 200 years ago. Families don't end with death when they are organized with God's priesthood keys. Tragedies happen. I feel for Levin and for Uncle Tom and Aunt Linda. Its hard. I can't lie about that. I'm reminded of several of the talks from the last General Conference. One was by Elder Christofferson that talked about how the convenants we make and keep give us the power and ability to make it through affliction and trial.
Eternal families are one of the greatest blessings the Gospel offers. Coincidently, Thursday night I had the priviledge to interview Tomas Diaz for baptism. My new companion, Elder Facer (from St. George), interviewed his wife and 12 year old daughter. It was a great experience. He was so ready for baptism. One thing he said suprised me mostly because it showed a deep understanding of the benefits of the restored gospel. Tomas said "Quiero sellarme con mi familia" which translated is "I want to be sealed to my family." It was powerful to hear from a father and husband who really understands the gospel. As I received the phone call Friday night from President Smith, I remembered the experience I had just had the night before with Tomas and was so grateful for the Gospel and eternal families.
This past week we had the wonderful opportunity to hear from Elder Ballard last Monday and then yesterday(Sunday) we heard from President Uchtdorf. In one week we got to hear from two apostles! It was truly amazing. It really pumped me up for General Conference in two weekends.
So Elder Heywood got transferred and my new companion is Elder Facer from St. George. He is good and been out about 3 more months that me. We are going to have a good time and the Lord is blessing us tremendously here in Sherman. I feel like I have a million things to tell ya'll but I don't have much time.
Just remember that the Gospel is true. God has a plan for each of us. He knows our difficulties and weakness. Families that are started in the right place, in the temples, are eternal families. Remember the covenants that you've made with God and he will bless you. Elder Ballard mentioned something that was pretty funny and insightful as well. He was talking about how Elder Hales just turned 85 years old and how he was 81. He said most of the apostles are "a bunch of old guys, but we're still cool." It was funny. He said that as an apostle you travel a lot and get to the point of being exhausted quite often. He said that when he feel exhausted and that he can't go any further that he thinks of Christ. He thinks of Gethsemanie and Golgatha. He thinks of how it felt for him. He said that turning his thoughts to the Savior is how he keeps going when its hard and when he is exhausted. It was a powerful lesson for me about how I can better deal with trials.
I love all ya'll (i'm such a texan...). And I hope you think a little more about Christ this week, during this hard time.
Love,
Elder Wagner
PS. I'm almost out of Allegra-D
PSS. Thanks for all the letters!!!
PSSS. I got a letter and pictures from Elder Lord in australia!!! It was cool to see him and how he was doing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh Judy, what a hard call to make to an Elder...he is doing such a great job I am sure!! We sure love and pray for him!
Post a Comment