Dear Family,
So I did get the package at transfer meetings. Today I'm writing later. (His email arrived much later than usual!) It's a long story but I'm glad I'm writing you.
Well I got moved just south of my old area. I'm in the Dallas 10th ward. Its a bilingual ward and so we do english/spanish work. My companion is Elder Peterson. He is from Colorado Springs, CO. He's been out for about 9 months. He is really neat because he is a convert. He got baptized about 1 1/2 years ago because he had to wait until he was 18 to get baptized. He is awesome because he has so much genuine enthusiasm for the Gospel. It is really cool. He had a friend in high school that invited him to talk to the missionaries because he had some questions about religion and so his friend invited him to learn. Pretty cool. Just think siblings... if you talk to your friends they could go on missions too.
The area is in the Dallas city limits but its called Pleasant Grove. It's only like 10 minutes south on the freeway buts it's different. It's a mostly black and hispanic neighborhood. Oh... It was a car area but now its a bike area!!! I'm going to get in shape!!! The first week here was pretty tough because the investigators are spread out since it was a car area. We did teach some really cool new people though. One new investigator is Roger. His is an older (like 60s) white man who works as a greeter at Walmart. He has a friend who is a member and he wanted to learn more. He really likes the Book of Mormon and is way interested. Its been neat to teach him.
So its strange moving to a new area, ward, and companion but I can already see it will be good. Elder Peterson and I are pretty young missionaries but we are going to work hard and really have some success. It was tough leaving the Casa Linda ward and it was wierd to go to sacrament meeting in English. Good but different.
It was nice to get the package and so awesome to here about Brent!!! Italy!!! Thats where President Smith went. Way cool. Tell Brent I'm super excited for him and I hope the best.
So Riley... that was pretty crazy; 3 staples. It reminded me of chicken little. The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! pretty cool! Man, Andrea you look so big!! You're going to be all grown up when I get back. That's too bad to hear about California's economy. The times are tough here too. But it does open up some more hearts to listen to us.
Thanks for the prayers...
Love,
Elder Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
chicken little :D hah
Hi! It's Aunt Cathy and I just love reading Kevin's letters as I am sure you do too?? Hey what's going on with the economy?? Just kidding :=(
Post a Comment