Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Elder Wagner making rice krispie treats! Yum! Yum!
Elder Wagner and Elder Luna


Dear Family,
Howdy ya'll.
I'm glad to hear the package got there quick, I mailed it Wednesday. Thats tough that you didn't get to go to nationals Marissa. Bummer. Back when I was a young whippersnapper we were robbed too. It looks like you had fun though. Honestly looking back I don't remember feeling so bad getting 3rd, what I remember is all the fun times and the friends I made.

Anyways. This week went pretty well. So Juana didn't have to go to Mexico. She is awesome, her comments in Gospel Principles are great. So she is doing well.


So we have some awesome families we are teaching. We found this lady, Vicky, knocking about a month ago. We've been visiting them and this week they came to church. Her husband said he was baptized when he was like 10 in Mexico, but he for whatever reason hadn't been to church after he got older. So we've been teaching them and their son who is like 10. The husband said, 'we'll do everything we can so she(Vicky) can get baptized'. We haven't taught or talked about baptism. Its cool to see the Lord use us to find the prepared.

Well, someone we've been working with for a few months, Jose Torres, committed to be baptized March 8th. He is 21 and his wife is a member. In January he told us he wanted to get baptized but he went to S.t Louis for a month to work. Now he is back and yesterday we talked to him about it. He wants to change and he has felt and recognized the spirit and now wants to get baptized. Its pretty exciting.

So this week is the last week of the transfer. Odds are that Elder Barney won't be my companion next transfer, since we haven't heard of anyone (except sisters and the chinese missionaries) who have been companions for 4 transfers (or 6 months). I've been trying harder to learn as much as I can from him while I still have a companion who is older. Since we both got here at the same time we have no idea who is staying or who is going. We'll find out saturday night who is staying or going. Who knows what will happen.

So its Elder Barnes' last week in the mission. Last week I went on an exchange with him, so his last exchange. The funny thing is his first exchange was with none other than Michael Shafer. Small world.

I'm glad you liked the pictures. Thanks for sending pictures in the emails. State looked fun. Thats cool about Wasco and La Rosa branches. I've decided that the Gospel is more true in spanish. Just kidding. But really, The Testaments is a lot better is spanish.

JQ. I'll pray for you to get a date. It'll happen, don't worry. Thats too bad your friends are making stupid choices. Follow the counsel of the prophets and you'll be happy. Happy because you know you're good with God and thats what matters the most.

Ya'lls keep having fun and stay out of trouble.

I know that God lives and is in the details of our lives.


Love,

Elder Wagner

P.S. life- vida
La vida es buena.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have a friend here that is bffs with elder luna.... small world.

Mamawags said...

Eliza... that is so, so crazy!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I get so teary eyed when I read about Elder Wagner and the work in Texas!!! He is just awesome!! Love, Aunt Cathy