Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog Day!


Hello everybody!


So I got the package thanks so much!!! I've eaten a zillion cookies! tasty! And yes we do have a microwave (we'd starve if we didn't...).


Thats so exciting for state!!! (We the People- Marissa's competition starts on Thursday in Sacramento!!) I loved it. Just remember to relax! You've practiced a thousand times so you are more ready than you realize.


Thanks for the picture of the kitties. Speaking of pictures, I'll be sending a memory card and a cd with pictures from the last little while.


So the week was pretty crazy. All sorts of unusual stuff happened. So Monday night we baptized Juana for reals. It was different but the spirit was there and we knew it was done right.


So Monday was a little different... Then we got word of an ice storm coming through which meant some restrictions for Tuesday. So we could drive mission vehicles until 2pm tuesday. Then from 2 to 5pm we could go with members or walk and after 5pm we basicallly couldn't leave. But Elder Barney was pretty sick any ways, so we stayed in ALL DAY. I read like 100pgs of Jesus the Christ. And studied a lot. When we went to bed, it was starting to rain/ice a little bit harder. When I woke up Wednesday there was about 1/4 inch of ice over everything out side. As the sun came up it started melting and there were icicles everywhere. I have a few pictures and we still have an icicle in the freezer :) So wednesday Elder Barney was still feeling sick but wanted to go out and work anyways. So what happened is that all of the appointments canceled. Lesson: If you're sick stay in. Thursday we had interviews with President Smith. It was awesome as always. He hinted that I need to make sure I can do everything on my own because I won't always have an older missionary with me. Who knows what will happen next transfer.


On Friday I went on an exchange with Elder McGregor in their area. Its like just outside downtown and there are lots of hispanics. We had fun and a pretty good day. He has been out 9 months but his Spanish isn't too great. It was good for me because I got to practice lots. And I got to ride my bike (its fun). I'm glad the Lord has helped me learn so fast.


Well Sunday, Juana was confirmed. After church we went and talked to her. Sometime this week she is going to Mexico for a month to take care of her mom. She knows where the chapel is in Mexico. She is so solid though. She is such a great new member, she knows what she has to do and is so happy. Oh I found out that she had lived like 4 blocks away from the LA temple. She thought is was just a bunch of white people and didn't like hispanics. But she is so awesome. She was way prepared, we found her the week before Christmas and only really started teaching her the first week of January. Such a fast conversion, but only because she was really prepared.


In other news, Rudy won't be getting married for a bit because he has to get his birth certificate from Mexico and she has to get a dress... But we talked to just him and he really wants to baptized and has changed in the time we have been here. The other families we are teaching are great but Satan is putting obstacles up, like having to work on Sunday. But we'll get them baptized soon enough.


I love the work and see the miracles everyday. I have so much to improve on but the Lord helps make our best sufficient. Its neat to see the Gospel change peoples lives. I hope all is well with ya'll and thanks for the prayers.


Love,

Elder Wagner


P.S. I saw a chicken cross the road the other day...Oh and we had menudo the other day... not the best after fasting... but I got it down...

No comments: