Dear Family,
Crazy week. Yours sounded crazy, but mine was up there. So. Last Tuesday we had district meeting and after I went on exchanges with Elder Carlson in his area. Note: Elder Carlson is like 6'9", tracting was pretty fun, I kept thinking this is just like what tracting would be like with Brent. So his area is just east of Dallas and is really big. We had an appointment out in the far corner of his area and a member took us there (like 50 minute drive there). We taught this really nice lady in her camp trailer she is living in. Pretty fun. Well, we rode back with the member and I drove to the apartment. After planning, we got a call at 10pm from the assistants, they wanted to talk to me (!!!). Well, it was Elder Bain (he is from Scotland, so imagine this with a scottish accent) told me that I was being emergency transfered and the next day I had to be all packed up at 9am when they would pick me up. -btw: It wasn't for anything I did... one Elder went home for who knows why... Crazy. So I drove back to my apartment in Dallas w/ Elder Carlson that night (like a 30 min drive) and started packing. The other Elders stayed the night at our apartment. I packed until like midnight as we listened to the Prince of Egypt soundtrack. I Woke up the next morning and finished packing. When the asistants got there they told me where I was going. We rode in the car for 3-1/2 hours to get to my area where I am now.
So now I'm in Nacogdoches 2nd Ward. I'm 'out east' as they say in the mission. Its a spanish branch. My new companion is Elder Hendrickson. He's been out like 20 months and been in this area for like 6. He's from Riverside, CA. Pretty laid back Elder and a great teacher. Well Nacogdoches is a little town out here in Eastern Texas. Lots of trees! Lots of trailer parks! Its really different from Pleasant Grove (the area that I was in in Dallas). Its a neat area and the branch is pretty cool. We actually went with the branch on Saturday back to Dallas for a temple trip. Elder Hendrickson hadn't been to the temple for like 18 months since he's been out in East Texas for most of the mission.
Well its been a crazy week. But I know this work is inspired and that everything happens for a reason. We had a broadcast STake conference this week. President Uchtdorf and Elder Cook spoke. It was for the Texas/new mexico/oklahoma area. There are 74 stakes and 6 temples in the three states. I love what President Uchtdorf said about the three things we have to do to be spiritually prepared. 1. Have a current temple recommend - he said to live worthy of one you just have to follow for the strength or youth 2. study the scriptures every Day - so true as I've seen different members (active or less-active) the ones who read the scriptures are the ones who are progressing in the Gospel 3. Talk daily with Heavenly father (prayer...) - prayer changes things.. Well I'm getting tired of typing... just kidding I don't have enough time to keep explaining but I want ya'll to know the church is true!!! Oh I don't know my new address... sorry. It just changed.
Love,
Elder Wagner
PS. The river is the best!!! (The River- for those of you who don't know what this is-- is a game that Kevin played through out his entire childhood. It merely consisted of an area of dirt and a very slow running hose. The kids played 'the river' for hours and hours throughout the spring, summer, and fall. When we put in a swimming pool two years ago-- we destroyed the area where 'the river' was played. Kevin has pretty much accused me of ruining Riley's and Andrea's childhood because they can't play 'the river.' Yesterday we experienced 80+ degree weather in Bakersfield. Riley and Andrea determined a new area for 'the river.' Alas.... their childhood is not ruined!! You can checkout the family website for pictures.... sevenwagdogz.blogspot.com)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment