Dear Family and Friends,
So this week coming up is spring break!!! Actually it doesn't mean any changes for us as missionaries.
Cool to see the pictures from Mormal. Marissa and Jacquie sure are pretty. I'm so glad I can say that as an older brother I taught them everything they know. It made me laugh so hard to see the 'cast cover'!!! Jacquie, you can be glad to know we'll always remember how you wore a cast to mormal.
Ya'll got a big fish tank? Thats sweet. And even cooler you get to go to Yosemite!!! I hope it doesn't snow on you... Its been rainy and cold here for that past few days. Happy Saint Patrick's Day! I'll be wearing a green tie for sure.
Another random story, a few weeks ago I found a great scripture that made me realize that one of Dad's sayings is based in scripture!!! The end of Mormon 9:27 mentions that you have to work out your own salvation!!! I still laugh reading it.
Other random thing, last week we went golfing for preparation day! A member owns a golf course so it was all free. It was pretty cool. The clubs were rental ones, so they weren't that good but the course was nice. The other elders aren't very good so it wasn't a serious game of golf, just having fun...
So we had a good week. We figured out a plan to really help the branch here a lot. We've started to 're-teach' the lessons to a few families. Some of them are part-member and others have a few less-active members but we hope it will increase the spirituality of the branch. We've been encouraging all the members to read from the Book of Mormon daily, as families and/or individually. All you older folks reading this probably remember or have heard of when President Benson spoke about the Book of Mormon in General Conference and how if we read it we will become more spiritual and our houses will be more spiritual. Its an awesome promise. The Book of Mormon is light for us in these dark and difficult times. No matter how many times we've read it, we will always learn and be uplifted if we spend a few minutes of each day learning from it. The other scriptures we have are good and inspired too, but the Book of Mormon has a spirit and power like nothing else!
So thats what we invite everyone to do as missionaries, to read from the Book of Mormon and apply the principles and stories to our lives. I love that each day I get to study the Gospel and learn from the Book of Mormon. In every lesson we use passages from the Book of Mormon that are so clear so powerful it always brings the spirit and teaches me, although I'm supposed to be teaching. Its a true book and the words are the words that God would speak to us if he was here right now. I hope we can all become more converted to it and in so doing more converted to Jesus Christ.
I love being a missionary and I'm grateful for all your prayers and everything you've taught me to lead me to this point in time. I'd be a liar if I didn't say I missed ya'll, but its so worth it. The Lord is using me to accomplish his purposes.
Love,
Elder Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment