Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas doesn't exist in Texas!!

Just kidding!!!

I had a great christmas here. Different but it was still good. Something Elder Olsen (Doug) told me in a letter was that you only have 2 christmas's on your mission and you'll always remember them. That helped me to be grateful for what I'm doing here. It was fun to talk to Mom and the rest of the family, sounds like everyone is doing good. Oh i didn't know riley got braces back on!?! (I saw them in those pictures..)

So Elder Barney got beat by the flu stick again. He was out of commission for about a day. He had a temperature of like 102. We gave him a blessing and his fever went away. But he's better now, kind of. I'm healthy!!! But I think some Snickerdoodles will help keep me healthy. hehe.

On Saturday I went on an exchange with Elder Luna because Elder Barney was sick. We taught a man named Pablo about prophets and dispensations and since Elder Luna doesn't speak spanish (go figure... his parents do...) I taught the whole lesson. It was good and he was able to understand why prophets are so important. So spanish is coming along pretty well. Its coming along a little bit at a time.

Oh we got a flat tire the other day. Not really exciting or anything, but the lug nuts were on way too tight because it had been in the shop. But we got them off eventually. So. I just talked to ya'll and not much has changed since then.

This is the last week of the transfer so next week we'll find out if I'll stay here or get switched out. So I've been reading 3 Nephi 11 a lot lately. We usually give this chapter to people to read and I want a stronger testimony of the chapter and its message. I've read it like 7 times now and everytime I find something new or gain something different. Its really neat how the spirit can teach us what we need hear ever time we read the scriptures.

Well have a happy new year!!! Come up with some good resolutions! And write them down!!! and hang them up somewhere!!! Because... a goal not written is a floundering wish... (btw.. I was trying to say that in spanish the other day but i didn't know 'floundering')Anyways.

I'll talk to ya'll laters.

Love,
Elder Wagner

PS. I actually saw two squirrels playing the other day! They were chasing each other around!

No comments: