Dear Family,
So this year, 2009, is my golden year, since I'll be on the mission for the whole year. Pretty exciting, eh. Well a bunch of stuff is happening. But Elder Barney and I are staying here together for another transfer! Its pretty rare because usually Elders are together for like 1-2 transfers, but sometimes 3. Its really good though because we really starting to have some success and work together really well.
Well new years eve, I went to bed at 10:30, just like every other night. I'm usually pretty tired by then and fall asleep pretty fast. Well Tuesday I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. I was with Elder Ballard. It was really fun and I learned a lot. I learn so much from other Elders because everyone does something different and better, and there is always room to improve. He (Elder Ballard) told me that some elders like tracting and others don't, but he loves it because he likes awkward situations and rejection. It was a different way to look at it and it helped me a lot to look at it different. Like for everytime someone doesn't accept the invitation (rejects us...) we get blessings!!! Its pretty cool. But yeah, I like exchanges and learning from other Elders. Well.
The other companionships in the district are changing. Elder Luna is leaving (sad day). And Elder Inckley is too. But change is good. Elder Barnes is training, so I won't be the youngest one in the district!!! hahaha. Speaking of Elder Barnes. He goes home next transfer (he is really old). So when he started the mission his district leader in his first area was Michael Shafer!! He first exchange was with Elder Shafer. And he would really like his address. Good luck! The address of his parents would be good too, because I don't have it.
Anyways, if you want the package to get to me faster you could just send it straight to the apartment. But don't send me stuff after I leave, because I'll never get it. here it is: 4640 Saturn Rd. Garland, TX 75041
Oh, on Friday I had a real Texan Experience. An english member took us and Elders Luna and Barnes to Texas Roadhouse (a steakhouse). And he bought us all 24 ounce steaks! It was so good. I could have cut it with a butter knife it was so tender!!! Well I ate the whole steak and mashed potatoes(there weren't too much) and a salad. And to top it off he ordered us brownies the size of a little cake!!! I didn't finish the brownie. But it was so good. A 24 oz steak is really big, Riley. It is a 1-1/2 lb.steak!!!!!!
Anyways, we have some really great investigators. Juana, one we found about 3 weeks ago, came to church. She is a middle age lady who is so prepared and progressing really fast. She bore testimony of Joseph Smith in Gospel Principles! She does all her reading and is awesome! We should set a baptismal date with her this week.
I'm excited for this transfer!!! We should have lots of success and we're going to work really hard.
I love you all and hope you keep safe. Congratulations to Kimi! Thats exciting! All my cousins are going to be married when I get back.
Thanks for your prayers and yall are in mine too.
Love,
Elder Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment