Monday, December 15, 2008

WOW it's cold here in Texas!!


Dear Family,

So yeah its cold here. Who would have thought. Yesterday was like 70 and today its like 30 and windy (brrr...). So yeah it did snow a lil bit last week. I've attached a little picture.

Anyways. So this week has been a learning week. I've learned a lot about listening to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. When we are worthy he can accompany us and he will guide us. And if we want to receive more help and revelation we have to act on what he has given us. The Holy Ghost is what tells us during a meeting or church, 'I should be better' 'I shoud do this...' or 'I should stop doing this...' When we listen to those little promptings and ACT we can receive more help and keep progressing and growing in the Gospel.

Well yesterday I spoke in sacrament meeting again! We met with the Bishop before church and someone had bailed on speaking and my companion said, " Well, Elder Wagner has a talk prepared.." Which was true, so it wasn't that bad. It was like a 15 minute talk on 'la caridad' (charity). It was neat because the other day (the 13th) I was thinking... wow I've been out for 2 months (in the field) and I haven't improved that much in my spanish. It's been harder to see the improvement in the last 2 months, but giving that talk... I could see the difference between the first week when I spoke and now. Its pretty neat.

We set a baptismal date with Rudy! I don't know if I've talked about him but he's been living with a member and been taught for like 9 months. Well, like two weeks ago they set a wedding date and yesterday we set a baptismal date. Only bad thing is that it's for February 14 (wedding...) and the 15th is the baptism. It was neat to see him ready to change and make the steps to keep progressing.

So we've been doing a lot more finding because our 'pool' of investigators has gotten pretty 'shallow'. Not lots of tracting but a marked increase from what we've been doing.


Okay. Scripture of the week. Jacob 4:13 Its about the Holy Ghost and how we should teach. Its a good one. I won't spoil it anymore than that. The Book of Mormon is awesome! Its amazing and I know its true and love sharing with everyone.


I'll get yall information about calling and stuff next week. Until then, Merry Christmas!


Love,

Elder Wagner


PS. Squirrels hibernate I think... I haven't seen too many around... Hard to say...

No comments: