Monday, December 8, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!

Dear family,

All is going well here in Texas. I don't have tons of news this week since Elder Barney has been sick all week. So we had to stay in the apartment a lot which isn't too fun. I did read like 200 pages of Jesus the Christ though :)

The work is going well here, our investigators are progressing at their own levels. Some of them move slower towards baptism than others but its alright. We are really trying to find some more families to teach and we will this week. A lot of our investigators are part-member situations, which is good but there are some families here that are ready to receive the Gospel, we just haven't found them yet. We are getting close to setting some baptismal dates with some of the investigators, but we are trying to wait and make sure that they will remain active if they get baptized.

Spanish is coming along pretty well. Elder Barney said I'm doing better than he was when his was in the second transfer. Its amazing how fast and how much I've been able to learn. Taking spanish in school helped mostly with grammar and random words. A few times I'll know random words that Elder Barney doesn't know.

We go into lavanderias (laudromats) and split up and contact everyone. It really varies how much I can understand from person to person. When they talk fast and like mumble.. thats the hardest. But its really great. I'm so glad I'm a spanish speaking missionary, hispanics are a lot nicer and more willing to listen than english-speakers. The work is frustrating sometimes but its fun. Elder Barney have fun and have a good time (when he's not sick..). I love studying everyday about the Gospel.

One thing I wanted to share was in Preach my Gospel on like page 48-49, it has a list of some of the chapters that talk about Christ in the Book of Mormon. We generally leave those chapters with investigators and tell them you don't have to read the whole Book of Mormon to know its true. You just have to read and pray about the parts you read. So I thought I'd invite you all to read those chapters. The scriptures aren't like other books. You don't have to start and the beginning and read all the way though. Read some of those chapters together as a family, they are some of the best ones in the Book of Mormon.

Well stay safe and thanks for all of you prayers.

For Christmas I just want you to be missionaries by sharing your testimonies with friends and inviting them to learn more. With the Fosters, try and have them come over to the house for like a family night and then eventually invite them over with the missionaries there. It'd be amazing.

Love,

Elder Wagner

No comments: