Monday, July 5, 2010

Final Transfer!!! I'm Staying!!

Dear Family,

So Elder Dytrt and I are staying in the Dallas 6th ward. We were suprised but excited to stay. We have a lot going for us here in the area.

This past week was filled with lots of rain, thunderstorms and humidity. It was great though, we saw lots of miracles. On Tuesday morning we rode in the rain and mud to teach Sal Parada. His wife couldn't sit in on the lesson but it was a great lesson. We read Alma 32 had a good discussion about he can really find out for himself that this is true. The spirit was really strong during the lesson which was great. Sal and his wife and three kids came to the pancake breakfast on Saturday. They are a great family!!! I'm really excited for them.

The pancake breakfast was great for us. We had like 10 nonmembers there that we had invited. Some members also brought friends. This ward is smaller in size but very united and close. Its such a blessing to be here.

So we were going to email on Wednesday but the assistants changed their minds on us, so we are doing it today. Tonight we are taking a new missionary out for his first night in the Texas Dallas Mission. It should be fun.

Its surreal to me that its the start of my last transfer. The time seems to have flow by. I'm so grateful to have made the decision to come on a mission. I went on an exchange last week with Elder Davis, who flies home to Oregon on Wednesday. At the end of a good, productive day, we talked about how great it is to be missionaries. We talked about how we never expected to feel how we feel, to know what we know and to have done what we done before we came out on the mission. I though I would come here to help others come unto Christ. I have, but I feel like I've benefited so much too. The Gospel means so much more to me now. What a priviledge it is to be members of Christ's church.

Something I've been learning about is how diligence is not working at a superhuman level, but is rather doing our best consistently. 'Don't run faster than you have strength' is a phrase used often in the scriptures. It doesn't mean we cn slack off, but to have reasonable and realistic expectations of ourselves. I'm grateful for the Gospel. The scriptures bring me peace and clarity of mind. I love my Savior. Have fun in Idaho!


Love
Elder Wagner

PS. Frisco IS in my mission! Its the stake just north of ours.

No comments: