Dear Family,
It was a solid week. The Texas heat is in full swing, but don't worry, Dad, we stay hydrated.
So Jessica and her family were in Austin this past week and then with their dad on Sunday, but we are going to teach them on Tuesday.
The family that we saw sealed in the temple was the Elmore's, they are from here in the Dallas 6th ward. However, the family from Nacogdoches, the Ortigoza's, are soon to start temple preparation classes. It means that the will probably get sealed after I leave Texas, but it would be a good reason to come back. :)
This past week I received the infamous 'trunky papers,' meaning that I received my departure flight information. It said that the 'average cost' for sending a bike back home is 70 dollars. The other luggage costs at the airport are covered by the mission.
Random 'small world' moment: So Elder Olson (who I trained in Garland) had a greenie named Elder Solis who is training an Elder Moorhead (sp?). I spoke to him and he was in the same MTC district as Zach!!!! Tight!!!!
Yesterday at church I heard a quote that goes, "One true key to happiness is to labor for the happiness of others." I thought it was profound and an important principle of missionary work. I'm so proud that Andrea is being a great missionary to her friends. We can't force anyone to accept the Gospel, but it is our duty to invite.
Oh, before I forget, Riley, have fun at camp and I think you should do cross-country. It will be a great experience. I loved the time I had doing cross-country. And also, if you could, I'd love to eat tri-tip!!!!! Maybe with potatoes and creamy peas and whatever else.
Last week we had dinner and a lesson with a very cool part-member family. Geno Garcia (less active member) and Beth invited us to come over for dinner. The lesson was amazing. I don't think Elder Dytrt and I had ever taught that well together. We taught the Restoration. It was great because they took a trip to temple square in Salt Lake a couple of months ago. We also gave a blessing to his daughter at the end of the lesson. I was so grateful for the spirit being there to testify of the truth.
I love the 'ah-ha!' moments that I have about the Gospel. As I was reading in Alma 34:8-17, I realized that Christ's Atonement is the key to us being able to repent and change. Maybe I already knew that but the Spirit helped it enter into my heart in a different way. I love the Book of Mormon.
love
Elder Kevin Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sweet--the countdown continues!! He is going to hit that wall going strong though, huh??
Post a Comment