Dear Family,
Howday from Texas everyone. Poor, poor Riley. Thats no fun. I bet you could finish the Book of Mormon pretty quick with all that free time. It'd be sweet (dulce).
That's really cool that Brandon's friend is taking the lessons. Its interesting you talk about how giving a Book of Mormon can make a difference. I was a back-up speaker in sacrament meeting on Sunday (I didn't speak), but the talk I was going to give was about that. How one member gave a Book of Mormon to a friend in high school and how that changed the lives of a lot of people. I planned on sharing the story of how Grandpa Wagner came in contact with the church. His friend in high school gave him a Book of Mormon and now, 50+ years later we really see the impact. 4 sons served missions, 4 grandsons (and more to come) have or are serving missions. All five of his children were married in the temple and 7 of his grandchildren have been married in the temple!!!(and more to come...) I doubt his friend in high school realized the impact she would have on the lives of hundreds and thousands of people, just by having the courage to share the truest book on the face of the earth with a friend. I love that. We hardly realize the amount of good we can do until way after the fact.
Thats cool to here from Alex about how it was just a spanish group here in Nac. Next step, wards!!! Well, the Ortigoza family is doing awesome. The two boys are really loving church and the oldest when to a stake dance on Saturday. The dad's records came in from Mexico. So now he can advance in the priesthood. We are hoping to plan the baptism for the 10th of May (Mother's Day). So honestly I'm more excited for that. The dad, Ignacio, should be able to baptize his wife and two sons. They are so excited about the church and sharing with all their friends too. Its hard to believe that two months ago, the mom wouldn't really even talk to us. The Lord really works miracles. The spirit can change the hearts of all people.
Elder Haslam and I are doing good. We're having fun and really seeing some success.
Oh there is some sad news, Hermana Dolores Toledo, passed away sunday morning. She had been baptized a few years ago I think... She was older and sick but a car wreck from 3-4 weeks ago was really hard... Its really sad because in the last 6 months her son and son-in-law have passed away. Right now Hermano Hilario (her 'husband') is really down. He doesn't have work, and last September a tree fell on their house in the hurricane, not to mention three family members passing away. He hasn't been to church in a while either.
But in other news, a soon-to-leave missionary, Enoc Macias, got his call to San Fernando California 'spanish'. Its a crazy mission, its like the San Fernando area, Palmdale, Mojave and up 395 all the way to Yosemite... like all of the desert out there. And a missionary is about to get home on may 7th from Nac, Patricio Corpus. I'm excited to meet him.
Well family. The church is true. Read your scriptures. Pray. Go to church. Be more like Jesus Christ. Its simple. Do those things and you'll be happy.
Love,
Elder Wagner
P.S. I got the debit card mom!!!! thanks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Did this boy of mine just say he is more excited for a baptism on Mother's Day than talking with his family??????
Post a Comment