Monday, April 20, 2009

All my cousins are going to be married....

Photo: Elder Wagner, Elder Haslam, a member of the branch who is waiting for his mission call, Yadira, and her great missionary friend, Liz! (Easter Sunday)

Hi family!!!

Yes I got your package and the one from Aunt Cathy! Thanks for all the candy! I think it will last me a few months. Its sounds like the Wagner family had a really exciting week.

Congrats to Kim for getting married in the right place, the temple! It was fun to see all the pictures. I bet I'll be the only Wagner cousin not married by the time I get back...
We are really doing well here in Nacogdoches. Elder Haslam and I are really improving our teaching and we are working really hard. Sometimes I have to push him, but he is a great Elder and isn't afraid to do hard things. For the last half of this week we were on the bikes since our car is in the shop. It was challenging for various reasons. But we were blessed especially yesterday afternoon when we found a super awesome new family. Elder Haslam and I are getting along great. So Friday we were in Longview (1-1/2 hrs north) for Zone Conference and then Interviews. We left at 7am and got back at 8 pm. It was a whole bunch of meetings but I learned a lot and it should really help us improve. This transfer they are focusing on studying effectively and preparing lessons. Personally I really need to do better planning lessons and it should make a difference.

Yadira got confirmed on Sunday in sacrament meeting which was really cool. Its so cool to see the change in her and to see how happy she is, even though nobody from her family came to the baptism, she has a solid testimony. As far as our other investigators, they are coming along well. This week we should be committing a few people to baptism. The branch is doing well, but it still has a ways to go.

I did receive a letter from Michael Shafer this week. He mentioned some of the people he baptized while he was here and I know most of them. The one lady from Lufkin, Isabel Rueda, isn't active. Lufkin has its own spanish branch now with Pres. Rodriguez and its own set of spanish elders. I gave them the pictures and hopefully it helps re-activate her. Michael also mentioned the Arroyo family. The girls are coming to church right know and we are teaching Hna. Arroyo's live-in boyfriend, Jacobo, which is going well. Oh something else interesting for Michael, Leslie Sanchez, Nancy and Loly's little sister got baptized last week and they are active (the parents got divorced and the dad is less-active.)

Well all that is a lot more interesting for Michael, but the branch is doing well. It think its amazing that 3 missionaries from Olive Knolls ward have all served here with President Castillo in the Nacogdoches 2nd branch.

I know the Lord loves us and we really live happier when we live the Gospel teachings. The Lord works miracles in our lives daily, we just have a hard time noticing them. I love you and miss you.

Love,

Elder Wagner

1 comment:

Alex said...

Hey! Tell Pres. Rodriguez hi for me. Unbelievable. We were just a group back when i was there, but thanks to the work of missionaries like you and my brother there's two branches now.
Also tell Hno. Castillo hi for me, and Hna. Arroyo.