Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 3, 2008

Hi everybody!

I sent another spanish letter today so yeah... I haven't heard from you since saturday but I'm guessing the holiday threw everything off. The MTC is awesome. So another missionary last thursday kinda broke down. He said he doesn't really believe in himself. So I asked if he is praying and if he even believes his prayers will be answered. He hadn't really been praying with 'real intent' and didn't know how to make himself happier. So I read some scriptures with him and told him of the experiences i've had in my life with prayer and that if we pray with intent it really makes a difference. Alma 36 is one thing I read with him. Four days later and he says he is the happiest his has every been in his life. The gospel can change you if you let it.

So Elder Quetin L. Cook spoke yesterday. It was great. I really felt like what he was saying was directly from the Lord. He was on the missionary board that created Preach my Gospel. Some great stories about Pres. Hinckley. He quoted Pres. Packer as saying, 'preach my gospel was written on the other side of the veil and assembled here' He said that some missionaries had started to memorize lesson plans rather than prayerfully create a new one each time. And he said that missionaries weren't focusing on commitments as much as they should. The closing hymn was praise to the man. Awesome.

Oh at the sunday fireside Elder Lord sat right in front of me. He is the District Leader in his district. He is doing great but its hard to say b/c the 1st days are kinda crazy. Well I'm doing very well. Yesterday we taught lesson two to a teacher and he gave us some great feedback. Its so hard to try and teach the doctrines while keeping them involved and addressing their needs. But there have been a few times already where the I've felt the Spirit lead me to say something or ask a question.

Oh I'm in Mosiah now reading the Book of Mormon. Its so awesome. I've been looking for the 5 things we do to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Faith in Christ and the atonementrepentancebaptismrecieving the gift of the holy ghost and endure to the end!Well its been awesome.

oh I can't decide on a missionary plaque scripture quite yet but I'm working on it. I love you all so much. Well in true missionary fashion I want to challenge you to do something. First everyone needs to be praying daily, mornning and night. That will bless you so much. I think it would be awesome if you, as a family, gave a Book of Mormon to a friend or to anyone. Invite friends to learn more. I regret that I didn't share that I loved my church with my friends in high school. Don't fear men. Fear God. If you don't share the gospel this one time they might not be able ever hear it again. You have to be confident that the Gospel WILL bless their lives. It will. I know this with every piece of my body. Be missionaries. 'Shall we not go on in such great a cause' (Joseph Smith)

Love, Elder Kevin Shaffer Wagner

No comments: