Wednesday, September 10, 2008

4 weeks......and its my birthday today!

I don't have much time so... well.

Thanks for all the letters and for the birthday package. I opened it on Monday. oops. Keith sent me a letter with a picture of him and an investigator. It was a great letter. He sent it august 25th so yeah. I'm doing very well here.

Yesterday Pres Uchtdorf and his wife spoke. His wife was hilarious. Her English isn't very good but she wasn't afraid to mess up. Pres Uchtdorf was excellent as usual. Oh he said the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve pray for all of the missionaries and for their families.

Um... Spanish coming along. This Friday is our last week speaking English in our lesson so yeah.

Good job Marissa and Jacquie in school and hitting cars and tennis and stuff. Don't get sick anymore Jacquie. Oh I liked your story about the crushed peppers Riley. I'd like to hear from Andrea but I hear Andrea is the only one who does her chores.

So we have two instructors. Hermano(brother) Beesley is one. He reminds me of Brother Haroldsen in a good way. He is a great teacher. very awesome. He is from Utah... went to Ecuador. And is at the Y . Hermana(sister) Evans is our other teacher. She was adopted and is Guatemalan originally but was raised in Utah and didn't speak Spanish until her mission. She is like 4'10" and full of energy all the time. Also a student at the Y. They are great teachers. It'd be cool to teach here after the mission.

So I got some cupcakes from Jenn and Eliza for my birthday. They were pretty good. Oh I got a hair cut today. Its way short now.

So for gym I do whatever. 4 square is pretty awesome. Volleyball and basketball too. A little running and weights too. Oh we finally got new roommates today. Elder Johnson is from Atlanta (he is like 6'3" and African American) he was in the naval academy for 2 years too) I can't remember the other elders name but he seems decent. Elder Richins is doing very well. He is growing so much in the Gospel. Its amazing. I wonder if I have grown as much as he has?

Well keep praying and reading the scriptures daily and you will be blessed. Like Elder Jensen said, " You can be active in the church, but its harder to be active in the Gospel." So much about missionary work is constantly trying to improve and doing what the Lord would have you do. Random great scripture: Helaman 3:35. You all should read about Nephi and Lehi. They were awesome missionaries.

Love,
Elder Wagner

No comments: