Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A day late....

Dear Family,

Its sounds like it was an exciting week for everyone in the Wagner family. How exciting that you got to go to Finals in WTP and I'm proud of you JQ even if you didn't win (winning is really important, too. ) I'm super excited for Zach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if he is going to the 'dark side' or the arch rival of our mission. They are good people anyways and he'll get to enjoy TEXAS!!! I've met the mission president and he and President Smith actually served their missions at the same time in Italy. Who knows if he'll still be the president in July but I hope I'll get to see Zach in July.

So its strange that I'm emailing on Tuesday but yesterday we had zone conference. Elder Evans from the first quorum of the seventy came taught and trained us. He is doing a mission tour. I actually was chosen by President Smith to be interviewed by him. I was nervous but it was a good experience and he shared some things that are really helpful and insightful. Last Thursday we also had interviews with President Smith. He told me to keep studying Spanish and that I won't be here for very long. Even though I'm not going to be here for much longer I'm going to work my tail off to get this area rolling.

We're getting to know the wards better, especially after NINE hours of church. Basically Sunday is the un-day of rest. I love being a missionary. I'm shocked and surprised that this Saturday will be the mark of 18 months. It gives me a sick feeling in my stomach when I think about it, which motivates me to serve with all my heart might mind and strength.

Elder Jensen and I get along great and he is pretty fun. We're really busy and doing our best to find new people to teach and help them progress towards baptism. I'm so grateful for the time I've had to serve. Sure, I've helped a few other people but I'm seeing myself grow and learn many things that will change me and the course of my life. I wish that every young man would serve a mission. The blessings are great and the experience is powerful. Thanks for your support and all you've taught me.

Love,
Elder Wagner

P.S. This transfer ends Feb 28th so don't send anything the week before to the apt address. thanks!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Wow! What a great opportunity for the interview-a bit scary though I would think! Ok Judy I am going to have to learn to set one of these up!! You are doing such a great job with this--although I know you sit around all day and do nothing else!!! (MAJOR JK!) I am so happy when I read his letters--he is just a great young man and I am sure he is doing a great job!!