Saturday, November 21, 2009

Technology difficulties...

Dear Family,

You've got to love technology. When it works, we are never grateful and when it doesn't work we are steaming MAD!!

And so it was this week. My ldsmail was down so I had to resort to the old dinosaur-style letter writing.

We have a good week of hard work. Sometimes the successes aren't what we want or expect but there is always something to be learned. The other day we were biking and saw an older Hispanic lady (of course her name was Maria). She was raking leaves in the yard. We stopped and started helping her. There were a lot of leaves because they had cut some branches. So it took us three about an hour and a half. She is a Seventh-Day Adventist and pretty happy with it. I talked with her about the church the whole time. At the end we gave her a Book of Mormon. I know she would've never accepted one if we hadn't done service to soften her heart.

Another highlight was when we decided to knock a street instead of eating dinner at the apartment. We were hoping to get fed by someone randomly. That plan failed but we did find a really cool 21 year old named Luis who wanted to know why there were so many churches if there was only one God. We shared the apostasy and the restoration. I asked him if he knew the church was true, would he get baptized? He said yes and we left him with a Book of Mormon.

Well, I'm running out of time. Tell Bishop Hansen and Grandpa & Grandma Wagner thanks for the letters! I love you and wish I could tell you everything- but this work is true. God lives and is very patient with us.

Love,
Elder Wagner

2 comments:

Marissa said...

yay!! I'm glad he sent a letter. It was so sad not hearing from him!!

Cathy said...

What a great letter! Judy and Jim--you have just got to be so proud of him!! We are!!