Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Dear Family,

Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry for not being able to write last week. It was kind of lame but oh well. I can't believe how old riley looks! He is all grown up-ish and going to stake dances!! I hope you have a fun week in napa as well.

So you asked a bunch of questions and I hope I can answer some of them. As far as where I'm going to live next year I have no idea. Doug had mentioned rooming together but who knows. I'll tell you in a little while. As far as christmas goes, like 1-2 short sleeve white shirts would be good. Like a 16 or 16.5 inch collar. Mine are getting kind of yellowish (even with bleaching them!!!). Also, I need the minoclycline refilled asap. I forgot to tell you last week.

So I was thinking about making a christmas card that I could send to members and investigators in my old areas. If I could do a postcard version it'd be cheaper too. Mom, I bet you could help me with ideas. It could be simple, just my picture and a 'feliz navidad' or something. Just tell me what you think.

Exciting to hear about all those kids getting mission calls. It makes me feel old. Elder Olson is pretty young too. Graduated in 09. Its cool though because I still look young. haha. Speaking of tres leche cakes, Elder Facer had a recipe and we made it our last week in Sherman. And speaking of Sherman, Jennifer Lopez got baptized this weekend. I didn't get to go but its still way awesome. She is really awesome.

Well. This week was good. I'm learning a lot. Its really frustrating that the work isn't progressing like I'd want it too but there are good things happening. On Saturday the 4 other elders in the district and 4 youth from the ward went with us to go tracting in a spanish neighborhood. It was neat. The youth are all like 14-16 so it was fun. We gave out some Libros de mormon and got into a few houses. Hopefully it can help jumpstart the work here. On Sunday none of our investigators made it to church which is like one of the worst feelings as a missionary. We're going to re-double our efforts and trust in the Lord. Not everyone will accept the Gospel but someone here needs to. I know it.

During the past two weeks I've really felt the spirit while taking the sacrament. Not that I diddn't before, but that I have been learning the importance of covenants and the atonement. Last week I started a study comparing the scriptures from the Bible that teach about the atonement to scriptures from the Book of Mormon that teach about the atonement. Its really a huge difference. With the Bible we get an 'idea' or a general picture of the atonement. The Book of Mormon explains in clarity and detail how through Christ's infinite sacrifice we can be perfected and overcome the natural man. It teaches how those who 'had no law' or never were accountable won't be condemned forever. The Book of Mormon teaches the doctrine of Christ better than any book on the earth. Not to discredit the Bible or talk down on it, but its not the same. I hope each one of us is taking the opportunity to prayerfully read from the Book of Mormon every single day so we can come of the Christ and be healed by his atonement.

I love you all. I'm honored by the privilege I have to represent Christ. I hope that we all put into practice the Gospel. Be courageous and share your testimony of Christ with someone this week and invite them to learn more about him. If you do it, the Lord will give you the words to speak and the Spirit will be with you to guide, edify and inspire you. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Elder Wagner

No comments: