Dear Family,
Well I wrote an email just a little while ago but it didn't send... I guess I'll write something different then.
So it was a good week. Pretty crazy. We were planning on having a meeting with the stake president so we had to get all sorts of reports and paperwork planned out. But the meeting ended up getting canceled last minute (a little frustrating). It happened for a reason though. We were on exchanges with the Assistants and we went finding since our plans changed last minute. I was with Elder Nate, who speaks very very little spanish. The first trailer we knocked on invited us in, I taught a decent lesson and they invited us to come back again. It was a young family, husband and wife a like a 2 year old. I have a feeling he will be a priesthood holder someday.
So here we have a pretty small group of spanish members. Its hard to adjust but its pretty much the same. We are definetly looking for priesthood holders. Thats what makes the difference between a group and a branch. Worthy, humble future priesthood holders is what we are looking for here. We have a baptismal date with one of them, Raul. He is a good guy who really wants to change. We are teaching him really boldly and its working, he is making big changes in his life.
I can't believe it was just a year ago that I received my mission call. It seems so surreal that its going by this fast. Sometimes I feel like I have so much more to do and improve on but there just isn't enough time to do it. I hope I'm keeping focused on the things that are most important and not on the unimportant things. (like Pres. Uchtdorf's talk in priesthood session)
Well I love ya'll and I'm doing great out here in Texas.
Its not easy, but its worth it.
Love,
Elder Wagner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are so proud of this Elder!
Post a Comment