Dear Family and Friends,
Well we are doing great here in Nacogdoches. The Lord is working miracles and we are working hard. So I did get the package you sent me, the zone leaders brought it down since they had to interview Nacho and Jorge for their baptism.
The baptism on thursday was great. It was in a pool at a really nice house. A lot of the time baptisms can lack reverence because Hispanic kids can be kind of rowdy, but being outside the kids were silent and the Spirit was there so strongly. Enoc (the future missionary) and President Castillo baptized. On Sunday they were confirmed, Nacho by pres. castillo and Jorge by me. It was neat. The change in these two boys has been amazing. Jorge is 12 and Nacho is 14 and now they love church and on Sunday in the third hour they received the Aaronic Priesthood. Next week they'll be passing the Sacrament!!!
So that was a big highlight of the week. The other one was on Wednesday we had like two hours during the day. We went and followed up on some potentials but none of them were home. We were close to a recent convert, Crystal, so we called and went to teach here. Her 18 year old brother was home since he quit his job. I had never met him but we started talking to him. He explained how he had chosen some wrong paths in high school but wanted to change but has to deal with lots of peer pressure. I started telling him about a teenager who was all alone, named Mormon. We explained that and taught about the restoration. After I asked him if he had felt anything different since we had been talking. He said yes, but couldn't describe it too well, I helped him realize it was the Holy Ghost, It was God telling him it was true and good! Right there we challenged him to be baptized and join the church. He said yes! It was such a powerful spiritual experience. The Lord is preparing people around us and we just have to be able to bear testimony and invite at the right time.
Well I'm very humbled by the call to be a district leader here and I'm so glad I'm here serving the Lord in Texas. I'd love to be there to help you Riley but I know the Lord will take care of you. Faith moves mountains. Riley, remember that Jesus Christ has felt everything, everything that you're feeling right now. I know that. The doctors will try their best but He is the Only One that can really heal you. This trial right now in your life is going to be hard, but you can get through it. Remember the Gospel, and you'll get through it.
I love you all and you're in my prayers.
Love,
Elder Wagner

1 comment:
What an awesome experience he is having!! We love reading his letters!
Post a Comment