Monday, August 17, 2009

Dear Family,

I'm grateful for the Gospel, the blessings of the temple and the principles and doctrines that comfort us and gives us strength. I'm glad to be where I'm at and to be able to know that 'come what may', the Lord will be there for us.

I'm glad you had a good week with Grandpa Shaffer. Here in Sherman we had a good week too. We set a baptismal date with a guy named Adan (adam in spanish) for sept 19th. He has so many genuine desires to change. He is like 31 and has a wife and two kids. He is between jobs right now, but is reading with his kids (7 and 4 years old) from the Book of Mormon every day! His wife has two jobs so we haven;t been able to teach her a lot yet, but she'll get baptized the same day in september. I'm really excited for them, they'll be great members of the group here.

So last thursday was my one year mark. Its really surreal to me that a year has already passed. I think of all I have learn and all the neat things I've seen happen. I also think of how much more I'll be able to do this year. I hope I can focus and be the best missionary I can be. I have lots to work on and many things I want to accomplish and improve on.

As a zone (all the full-time missionaries in the stake... 7 companionships) we had a pretty rough week. We are having a hard time finding new people to teach and then teaching them with the involvement of members. Its hard to know what we can do as leaders to help uplift and inspire the missionaries to do their best work. I pray we can help them have the faith to see miracles here in the Mckinney stake.

Well its good to hear from ya'll and I hope you have a good week getting ready to go back to school. I pray for ya'll a lot. Remember to be examples to those around you and to not be afraid to invite people to church. I love the Gospel and I love being Christ representative here in Sherman.

Love,
Elder Wagner

PS. A few weeks ago we saw an albino squirrel (white with reddish eyes!!!) Elder Heywood got a good picture I'll have to get a copy... haha

PSS. I'm almost out of minocycline... I haven't been using the benzaclin (the creme) and face seems to be clearing up anyways...

PSSS. If you want to get me something for my birthday the church is coming out with the LDS addition spanish bible (the leather one with indexes is like 26 dollars) black would be cool ... :)

No comments: