Monday, June 8, 2009

Miracles

Elder Haslam, Junior, Elder Wagner

Dear Family,

That's so great to hear that Riley is diagnosed. I don't really know how I can explain that in spanish but I'll make do. Its awesome that we pass through trials and everything turns out for our good and for our benefit. Well we had a great week.
On Sunday we had the baptism of Junior after the church services. He had asked me to baptize him and then Elder Haslam to confirm him. In sacrament meeting he bore his testimony and his sister did too. His testimony was funny but really good. He had kinda hit a bottom in his life. He had dropped out of high school and was a drug addict. One night he was wanting change so bad and felt so trapped he said a prayer, crying for God to send him something, maybe even angels. That next day we came over to teach his sister. She invited him in like she had before but this time he came and listened. We had a really cool lesson and he felt the spirit. That was about a month ago and now he is baptized! What a blessing for me to even be a part of it. I feel so happy that he is on the right path. He loves the Book of Mormon and the Gospel. Sunday night he actually went with us to go teach. Hopefully we can help him prepare and go on a mission. I feel so grateful for everything that the Lord has blessed us with. I feel like I don't deserve all of this sometimes but it just gives me more desire to go share it.

Thanks for all the emails this week. It had been a long time since I had heard from the chilluns'. And no Andrea, they don't have armadillo races out here. Riley, make sure and write down your whole getting sick experience. That way you can remember when you are older the miracles God has worked in your life. I love ya'll so much and hope the best.

Love,
Elder Wagner

No comments: